International Business Leadership
Programmes in business are the most common found among universities that offer distance learning. You have ten thousand choices when it comes to where to earn your Bachelor's degree or other qualification. Why choose one of New World Unversity's programmes in International Business Leadership?
There are three things that set our experience apart from all the others.
- Entrepreneurship focus. It's not always realistic to carve out a career path within large companies. Sometimes the entrepreneurial skills that it takes to start one's own firm are the ones that lead to the most successful future. And even within large companies, the sort of creativity that the entrepreneur's mindset brings can be valuable.
- Strategic thinking. It's not enough to be able to simply follow directions. To truly succeed in a competitive environment, you must be able to act in a strategic fashion, and that means having developed your critical thinking skills. You must not only be a professional, you must be an innovator.
- International approach. The twenty-first century is one of globalisation. It's best to be ready for international challenges from the start.
New World University offers the following programmes in International Business Leadership:
Undergraduate Certificate in International Business Leadership. This programme requires completion of one year of subjects, or the equivalent. It will furnish you with an ideal introduction to the world of business management.
Undergraduate Diploma in International Business Leadership. This programme requires completion of two years of subjects, or the equivalent. In this second year you will continue your business management education.
Bachelor of Science in International Business Leadership. This programme requires completion of three years of subjects, or the equivalent. At the conclusion of this year you will be ready to be a business management professional, or to join an MBA or other advanced degree programme.
Entry and Exit Points
These programmes can be completed in sequence, and subjects applied to one qualification may also apply to those that follow. In addition, if you have credit from attending another university or similar institution, you may have advanced standing. Unlike other institutions, New World University accepts all of the relevant credit you've already earned in transfer, meaning you'll never have to repeat subjects the material of which you've already learnt. If you already hold an Associate degree or undergraduate certificate or diploma, you will be pleasantly surprised by how short a time may remain to complete your Bachelor's degree through New World University.
Typically, five subjects must be completed per year, but there is flexibility in the order in which subjects are completed. Available subjects include:
Our process of accumulating credit toward a degree or certificate is very straightforward, and is largely similar to the system used by UK universities. However, you may be able to attract significant advanced standing (transfer credit), even from some non-academic sources. learn more
Students in the International Business Leadership programme learn through one of the following options, called “modes of instruction”:
- Some learn independently on their own schedules, but have access to as much guidance as they need to succeed. We call this option Guided Independent Study. [learn more]
- In select cities around the world, learning centres are available so you can earn your degree in a classroom setting. [learn more]
Note that you may take some subjects one way, and others a different way. We offer you maximum flexibility so you can proceed as seems best to you.
Earn your degree without paying tuition fees? Yes, you can!
What Your Degree Will Cost
For many students who are considering enrolling at university, one of the most important questions to them is what it will cost. New World University is part of the international community to make higher education accessible to all those who can benefit from it, and as a result strives to keep costs as low as possible.
There are three categories of fees. For each subject you study toward your programme, there is an examination fees and, depending on your mode of study, a tuition fee. There is also a fee to have a transcript sent on your behalf.
|Mode of Study||Tuition Fee||Exam Fee||Total per Subject||Total for BSc|
|Guided Independent Study||$0||$60||$60||$900|
|Classroom Instruction||varies by country||typically included||varies||varies|
Currently we do not have a tuition fee for guided independent study subjects, and the exam fee for each subject is just $60. This means that the total fees for a year's worth of academic credit are typically $300, and that you can complete your Bachelor's degree, start to finish, for a total cost of just $900. Note also that it is not necessary to pay for more than one subject at a time, you may pay as you go without penalty.
The only other fee charged is to send a transcript on your behalf, which costs $10 if sent by post and $50 if sent by courier. We do not require any other fees of any kind. There are no technology fees, service fees, library fees, or other hidden charges. Even better, we try to suggest study materials that are freely available, so that you will not incur significant additional expense from textbooks, which at other universities can amount to thousands of dollars!
Moreover, if you join our community and continue to make satisfactory part-time academic progress by earning at least three subjects per year, then even if there is an increase in fees for new students, that increase will not apply to you. You will stay at your original rate no matter how long you are a New World University student or how many qualifications you earn. This way, you can make reliable plans for your studies without worrying that changes in tuition or exam fees will get between you and your goals.
Note: All figures are in U.S. dollars. This page refers to undergraduate programmes in International Business Leadership.
Learning Centre Fees
For those students who use services available from learning centres, fees may vary. Consult your local learning centre for details.
Applying to join the International Business Leadership degree programme at New World University is easy, and there's no fee to do so.
- See whether you're qualified to join.
- Find out when you'll be able to start as a student. Note that unlike many universities, you can start very quickly once you've made the decision.
- Review information about what it costs to be a New World University student. We think you'll be pleasantly surprised by how affordable a quality education can be!
- If you're ready to move forward, fill out our online application form. There's no fee to apply!
- Review what steps will take place once you've submitted your application.
For more information, please contact us.